Software Test Automation Using Java and Selenium WebDriver
About the Instructor:
Mr. Mesbah Islam is currently working for US Patent and Trademark Office as a Senior Test manager. He has a Master degree in Civil & Environmental Engineering and almost 25 years of experience in the fields of software development, database design, PL/SQL programming, software testing, and test automation. Mr. Islam has recently trained a functional testing team of US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) with Selenium WebDriver and Java.
Instructor Contact Info:
Name: Mesbah Islam
PDFs will be provided
Knowledge of object-oriented programming
Start and End Dates: 08/02 to 09/13/2015 (only on Sundays )
Exact Dates: 08/02, 08/09, 08/16, 08/23, 08/30, and 09/13/2015 (Sundays )
Hours: 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Necessary Equipment: a projector, a whiteboard, whiteboard pens/markers and erasers, Wi-Fi/wireless network
Max # of Students: 20
An introductory training course to help you learn test automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java through hands-on-labs. Ideal for those who want to know software test automation beyond the book reading. Suitable for IT professionals and students who are exploring new opportunities in the field of software testing or interested in learning Java programming language. Learn through in-class instructions, assignments and hands-on labs.
After this course, students will possess the knowledge to:
- Understand selenium components: Selenium WebDriver, RC, IDE, and Grid
- Setup Selenium WebDriver programming environment with JDK, Eclipse, and Junit.
- Create JUnit test cases and test suites.
- Develop object-oriented test automation programs using Java, JUnit and Selenium WebDriver.
- Record/play test automation scripts and convert the scripts to Java/Webdriver using Selenium IDE
- Inspect web UI elements and page structure using different browsers (IE, Chrome, and Firefox)
- Locate web UI elements (textbox, checkbox, dropdown box, textarea, radio button, button, html frames etc) using different WebDriver methods.
- Develop data-driven test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, JXL, Apache POI, and MS Excel.
- Develop portable and reusable Selenium test automation framework.
For more detail of the curriculum please contact
Mesbah Islam, firstname.lastname@example.org